This Twitter plugin for WordPress enables you to add the Twitter connect functionalities on your blog, and other useful things like Twitter widgets and buttons using WordPress shortcodes. It also includes several widgets (including Twitter friends and followers display for user who have connected). It also give you as a WordPress admin the ability to post statuses on your users Twitter timeline.
- Enables users to connect with their Twitter account.
- Enables users to create a WordPress account using their Twitter credentials.
- Enables you to link a Twitter account to your WordPress first admin user.
- Store the Twitter users tokens into the database.
- Ability to post updates to your users Twitter timeline (even if they are logged out).
- 7 widgets ready to be used (Twitter connect, Twitter Friends, Twitter Followers, Last connected users, User Tweets widget, List Tweets widget, Favorited Tweets widget).
- You can customize how many users are displayed in the widgets.
- Ability to display the Twitter connect button wherever you want in your theme(by adding a PHP snippet provided in the documentation).
- Caching of Twitter API calls (set to 10 minutes).
- A set of shortcodes to display Twitter widgets and buttons in your posts or pages.
- A connect shortcode enabling you to integrate the “Connect to Twitter” functionality on any post or page.
Demos of the widgets (displayed using a one line shortcode in any post or page):
- Twitter profile widget
- Favorited Tweets widget
- Twitter List tweets
- Tweet buttons (3 types)
- Follow buttons (18 styles)
- Twitter connect functionality