jQuery Carousel Evolution for WordPress is a WordPress plugin that allows you to easily create powerfull carousel sliders in a few minutes. You can then integrate it into any page with a single shortcode.
From the back-end interface, you can create and edit carousels, customize the entries (images, links, description etc). A preview mode enables you to customize how the carousel is displayed, how the entries moves, the size or the carousel and/or images entries etc. Once you like what you see you just need to copy paste the generated shortcode into your page to have it displayed to all your visitors !
The Carousel also supports YouTube videos and Vimeo videos, enabling you to play your chosen videos directly into your Carousel !
New in V2
The plugin has been rewritten in the V2, and now it’s supporting YouTube carousels based directly on the YouTube API. You can create carousels based on YouTube channels, YouTube standard feeds (most popular) , Search Results and Playlists.
The plugin is also supporting a touch drag & drop that make is awesome on the iPad !
– Virtually Unlimited customizations (sizes, positioning, effects)
– Control the size of the carousel, and of the front and back images
– Carousel autoplay and duration customization
– Unlimited number of images supported by the Carousel
– Very easy admin interface to manage all your Carousels
– Supports shortcodes to integrate your Carousel into any page
– Preview mode included with a shortcode generator
– Play YouTube and Vimeo videos directly into the Carousel
– Displays consistently on major browsers
– New in v2.0: Carousel integrating videos directly from the YouTube API
– New in v2.0: Touch navigation support making your carousel awesome on the iPad !
– New in v2.0: Images uploader available fron the backend
– New in v2.0: Roller Coaster effect (check out the demo)
– New in v2.0: Auto populating from the YouTube API (check out the demo)
– New in v2.2: Ability to reorder the carousel entries
– New in v2.2: Ability display a description related to each entry
– New in v2.2: Rich text editor supported for the description
– And much more settings and customization
This plugin has been fully tested on the default WordPress themes (Twenty Ten and twenty eleven). You may need to make some minor CSS adjustments depending on your theme’s CSS . We will of course always provide help and support to help you getting this plugin display properly on your site.
23 August 2015 – v2.5
– Fixed a bug when saving the description with French accents or special characters
– The YouTube Carousel is now based and requesting the YouTube Videos for WordPress plugin
– Improved a bit the backend interface
28 June 2014 – v2.4
– Added support for YouTube playlists
– Improved the loading of the carousel by preventing the carousel items to display vertically when loading
1 June 2014
– Fixed an issue with the drag & drop feature interfering with the menu drag & drop
– Fixed the carousel animations not always running smoothly in the admin preview mode
28 Dec 2013
– Fixed an issue with the YouTube player not displayed when the carousel is on autoplay
18 Jan 2013
– Updated the plugin to the latest WP version 3.5
22 June 2013
– Added the ability to reorder the carousel entries (drag & drop)
– Added the ability to display a description related to each entry above or bellow the carousel
– Added a rich editor for the description
– Code improvements